ORDER DEADLINE: Until Supplies Last (first come first served)
PICKUP DATE: May 8-9
Pick Up Location: HCBA Store, 12919 Nutty Brown Road
Please note that pricing includes a $5 convenience fee per Queen for HCBA to coordinate with BeeWeaver and organize the bulk pickup in Navasota (116 miles away), drive the bees back to Austin, and set up your pickup.
All BeeWeaver queens are produced by us in Texas in the Brazos Valley.
BeeWeaver Bees have evolved to overcome the challenges in the world of bees. Bred from a hybrid of bees, BeeWeaver Queens are chosen for their mite resistance, high honey production & healthy population. 100% of BeeWeaver's hives have been CHEMICAL FREE since 2001.
- BeeWeaver honeybees are hardy, productive, mite tolerant and virus resistant stock.
- BeeWeaver honeybees respond quickly to pollen and nectar resource changes, which means quick growth in the spring, big honey crops, and low winter mortality.
- BeeWeaver bees thrive in a variety of environmental conditions and climates, and with little need for extensive management interventions often required by other bees.
- BeeWeaver honeybees don't succumb to Varroa mite infestation or honey bee virus infections. In fact, there is no need to apply chemical treatments to suppress Varroa destructor infestation in hives headed by BeeWeaver queens.
- BeeWeaver colonies will build strong populations, produce big honey crops and naturally minimize Varroa mite population growth.
- BeeWeaver honeybees detect and eliminate infested pupae - killing subsequent generations of immature mites in the process.
- BeeWeaver bees also groom each other and chew mites in the process, leaving mites damaged, susceptible to desiccation or dead.
- BeeWeaver bees also mount a distinct immunological response to viral challenge, enabling them to resist infection by several deadly viruses that Varroa mites vector.
- BeeWeaver bees increase the expression of some immune genes and reduce the expression of others in response to viral pathogens. The genes upregulated in BeeWeaver bees exposed to viruses are usually downregulated in other strains, and the immune genes downregulated in BeeWeaver bees infected by viruses are usually upregulated in other strains exposed to viruses
AUSTIN PICKUP - BeeWeaver QUEEN Local Survivor
- Orders are non refundable, all sales are final
- HCBA is not responsible at any time for the quality or health of the colony
- HCBA is not liable for any and all harm resulting from handling NUCs and Packages of live bees
- Pickup instructions will be provided by April 30
- If you cannot pickup your NUC order on the scheduled pickup day of May 8-9, it will be taken to the Bee Mindful Teaching Apiary at 7606 Wildwood Circle, where the bees will be free to fly until you have scheduled an alternative p/u date.